top of page
Image by Melinda Gimpel

If a person dies leaving assets in Victoria, the executor or next of kin of the deceased person may need to apply for a grant of probate or administration to deal with the estate left behind. 

It is important to note the following:

1. Was there a valid Will? If so, where is the original document?

2. What are the assets of the estate?

3. Who is likely to be entitled to the estate of the deceased?

Probate and Letters of Administration

bottom of page